German Speaking PGConf.DE 2011, Call for Papers is open

From: Björn Häuser <bjoernhaeuser(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org, PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: German Speaking PGConf.DE 2011, Call for Papers is open
Date: 2011-09-07 18:05:34
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-announce

PGConf.DE 2011 is the german speaking sequel of last years European PostgreSQL Conference. The German Speaking PostgreSQL Conference 2011 will be held on November 11th in the Rheinischen Industriemuseum in Oberhausen, followed by the OpenRheinRuhr at the same venue.

Topics for PostgreSQL Users, Developers, Contributors and Desicion Makers will be covered. For more information about the conference, please visit the website at:

http://2011.pgconf.de/.

We are now accepting proposals for talks. Please note that we are looking for talks in English and German.

Each session will last 45 minutes, and may be on any topic related to PostgreSQL. Suggested topic areas include:

• Developing applications for PostgreSQL
• Administering large scale PostgreSQL installations
• Case studies and/or success stories of PostgreSQL deployments
• PostgreSQL tools and utilities
• PostgreSQL hacking
• Community & user groups
• Tuning the server
• Migrating from other systems
• Scaling/replication
• Benchmarking & hardware
• PostgreSQL related products

Of course, we're happy to receive proposals for talks on other PostgreSQL related topics as well.

The submission deadline is the 15th September 2011. Selected speakers will be notified before October 4th, 2011.
Please use the Pentabarf System of the OpenRheinRuhr:
https://event.openrheinruhr.de/user/

Alternatively you can submit your proposal to vortrag(at)pgconf(dot).de, please include following information:

• Name
• Company (if this is appropiate)
• Biography (short snippet about yourself and your contribution to PostgreSQL)
• Title
• Abstract
• optional: Picture
The proposals will be considered by committee who will produce a schedule to be published nearer the conference date. If your proposal has been accepted, you will be informed by email within two weeks of the submission deadline.
The Call for Papers is also available through the website:

http://2011.pgconf.de/callforpapers

Entrance cards for the German PostgreSQL Conference are also valid for the OpenRheinRuhr 2011.

We are looking forward to hear from you and we will see you in Oberhausen in november.