Linux redhat & unix sockets.

From: Marcin Przyczyna <mprzyc(at)um(dot)wroc(dot)pl>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Linux redhat & unix sockets.
Date: 1999-12-03 14:23:05
Lists: pgsql-ports

Hi.
I'm fresh user of Postgresql.
I downloaded the postgres 6.5.1.tar.gz for my RedHat Linux 6.
So, mostly works it properly.
Under X I open terminal and I can work with my database, called cars.
I close my db, then I open pgaceess.
I choose "open database", I set properties (username,password,dbname).
I'm not modifying the TCP port number (occurs default value),
and then I get back error:
Connection Refused.
Is the postmaster running (with -i option) and accepting connections at
TCP
Port 5432 ?
----
Is it a bug or my error ?
Regards,
Marcin Przyczyna, mprzyc(at)um(dot)wroc(dot)pl