JDBC: Default encoding problem

From: Bartek Teodorczyk <barteo(at)it(dot)pl>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: JDBC: Default encoding problem
Date: 1999-10-14 10:34:37
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I've noticed crossplatform problem using encoding in JDBC interface.

I want to use ISO8859-2 characters in my database and accessing from
java interface in Windows and Linux.

Default encoding in Linux is - ISO8859-2 but in Windows CP1250 and
during transmission via Input/OutputStream some localized characters are
truncated to '?'.

I've hacked a little JDBC inteface and my proposition is to change in
PG_Stream.java:
1. use InputStreamReader except InputStream
2. use BufferedWriter except BufferedOutputStream

BarTeo