Re: [HACKERS] commitfest.postgresql.org

From: Brendan Jurd <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] commitfest.postgresql.org
Date: 2009-07-09 17:35:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

> While reorganizing my bookmarks for this I realized that there is a
> fairly significant bit of functionality that's entirely missing from
> the new app.  With the wiki page, you could conveniently see what had
> been done lately by examining the page history.  I don't see any
> equivalent capability in the new app.

You're right, the app currently lacks a view for this.

And while it would be pretty easy to add a page that just lists the
most recent comments in descending creation order, that would not show
things like

* patches being committed/rejected/punted;
* patches changed to a different subsection;
* changes to a patch's short name;
* edits to existing comments.

We don't AFAIK collect data about these events. However, we could
have certain actions trigger the creation of an automated comment
(e.g., "Status changed to Committed by petere") and let the
aforementioned comment view suffice for a "history".

Cheers,
BJ