RE: [GENERAL] Error during 'vacuum analyze'

From: "G(dot) Anthony Reina" <reina(at)nsi(dot)edu>
To: Mark Dalphin <mdalphin(at)amgen(dot)com>, "pgsql-general(at)hub(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [GENERAL] Error during 'vacuum analyze'
Date: 1999-08-20 17:02:30
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Mark,

The error you are experiencing was discussed on the hacker's list
last week. Oliver Elphick and Tom Good worked out a patch for SQL to
solve the problem. You're right that the pg_vlock is getting created and
then getting deleted during the vacuuming of the last table. This ends
up boinking the vacuum. I've attached the patch that Oliver sent to me.
The patch won't go through all of the way so you'll have to go through
file by file and just make the changes yourself (just deleting a few
lines or adding a few, nothing big). That has solved the problem on my
machine.

-Tony

Attachment Content-Type Size
vacuumpatch.txt text/plain 4.5 KB