Re: [INTERFACES] like pgaccess but not in tcl/tk?

From: Constantin Teodorescu <teo(at)flex(dot)ro>
To: Russell Nelson <nelson(at)crynwr(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] like pgaccess but not in tcl/tk?
Date: 1999-08-19 14:23:45
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Russell Nelson wrote:

> If anyone wants to help me with pgaccess, then please tell me how to
> set the tab order, how to bind a button to a key, and how to run some
> code upon pressing enter in an entry box, so that my users can
> touch-type. They're used to PC-File, which doesn't need the mouse.

I'll send to you some help in that direction but it would be wise to use
Visual Tcl to build standalone applications.
Yes, PgAccess might be a solution but not very "professional". Forms are
(yet) just at the beginning.

Go to http://www.neuron.com/stewart/vtcl/index.html and get vTcl 1.2

Play a while and I'll send you a sample program that will show you how
to deal with PostgreSQL, listboxes, entries.

It's extremely simple and Tcl/Tk is powerful and simple to use (see
PgAccess).

Let's talk in private about it (teo(at)flex(dot)ro)
--
Constantin Teodorescu
FLEX Consulting Braila, ROMANIA