Re: [PORTS] No readline in Debian

From: Palle Girgensohn <girgen(at)partitur(dot)se>
To: Jonas Liljegren <jonas(at)paranormal(dot)o(dot)se>
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: [PORTS] No readline in Debian
Date: 1999-07-24 15:12:03
Lists: pgsql-ports

Jonas Liljegren wrote:

> I am using Debian 2.1 and compiled PostgreSQL 6.5.1
>
> psql works, but without history or ability to edit the line.
>
> What can I do to change that?
>
> --
> / Jonas - http://paranormal.o.se/myself/index.html

I don't use debian myself, but saw this once a long time ago with
Solaris. The configur escript didn't find the readline libs & includes,
and psql was built without them.

Check the config.log for readline (or check the output of configure).
Maybe configure can't find the readline libs. You may be able to fix
this by starting configure with
CFLAGS="-L/path/to/readline -I/path/to/readline" ./configure ...
or something similar.

Hope this helps.

Trevlig sommar!

/Palle