Backend sent 0x45 type while idle

From: Trever Adams <trever_Adams(at)bigfoot(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Backend sent 0x45 type while idle
Date: 1999-05-31 07:59:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-interfaces

The message is a bit off. I had a database working fine on one system
under 6.3.x. The software I had written to use it worked WONDERFULLY as
well. I then brought up a new machine using RedHat 6.0. I installed
the 6.4.2 that came with it. I recompiled my app on that machine. I
did a pgdump of the database (cannot remember command line options...
data and schema I remember that much). I then loaded it into a newly
created database on the new machine.

I get the error above (or something VERY similar...). I have posted a
bug report, but I want to know what the heck the message really means.
What is type 0x45? Does this mean my app has a problem or? I have
searched deja.com, I have used postgresql.org's search engines. No
help.

The database is kind of on the private side, but if it must be shared,
it can be. A slightly older version of the code (should be current in a
few days) is the webgen tool at http://nueorder.netpedia.net.

I really need to get this cleared up. Any help, any pointers, any info
on what this all means would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you,

Trever Adams
trever_Adams(at)bigfoot(dot)com