problem with dates.

From: Paul Quirk <paul(dot)quirk(at)dsto(dot)defence(dot)gov(dot)au>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: problem with dates.
Date: 1999-05-14 01:06:02
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi,

I've just compiled PostgreSQL and I'm just starting to play around with
it by running some of the example programs that came with the source.
When I tried running the datestyle application I received the following
output:
---------------------------
java -Djdbc.driver=postgresql.Driver example.datestyle
jdbc:postgresql:foo postgres password
PostgreSQL datestyle test v6.3 rev 1

Connecting to Database URL = jdbc:postgresql:foo
NOTICE: DateStyle is Postgres with US (NonEuropean) conventions
Connected...Now creating a statement
ERROR: Relation datestyle Does Not Exist!

Running tests:
Test 0 - postgres,europeanNOTICE: DateStyle is Postgres with European
conventions
failed, returned 08-01-1998
Test 1 - postgres,usNOTICE: DateStyle is Postgres with US (NonEuropean)
conventions
failed, returned 01-08-1998
Test 2 - isoNOTICE: DateStyle is ISO with US (NonEuropean) conventions
failed, returned 1998-01-08
Test 3 - sql,europeanNOTICE: DateStyle is SQL with European conventions
failed, returned 08/01/1998
Test 4 - sql,usNOTICE: DateStyle is SQL with US (NonEuropean)
conventions
failed, returned 01/08/1998
Test 5 - germanNOTICE: DateStyle is German with European conventions
failed, returned 08.01.1998
Now closing the connection

I also applied the dt.c.patch and dt-2.patches prior to running this. I
ran the dt-2.patches file from the same directory as the dt.c.patch as
it didn't work from the /usr/src/pgsql/postgresql-6.4.2/patches
directory. Have I screwed something up here or is this some other
problem?

Regards Paul

P.S. PostgreSQL is pretty cool. Thanks for your efforts.