Re: Fwd: Filter by Selection on Grid

From: "Robins Tharakan" <tharakan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fwd: Filter by Selection on Grid
Date: 2008-02-06 11:02:51
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

> ... snip ...
Sure ! Points that I'll take into account from now on.

> One other thing I noticed that should be fixed in a new patch - if you
> sort ascending on a column, and then sort descending, it will add
> both. It should remove the ascending and replace it with the
> descending sort.

True... and one more thing that I was working on (when I responded to Guillaume
the other day) was that if a person does an 'exclude by selection' on a
field with a value = 10, we simply put a [WHERE] value <> 10 filter...
however I think this is incomplete.

instead of
WHERE value <> 10

we should rather put

WHERE (value <> 10 OR value IS NULL)
Or
WHERE (value IS DISTINCT FROM 10)

This is because as per the UI, the user does not want value 10, but he still
would want a NULL value in the records.

However, this would not apply for cases of 'Filter by selection' where the
user would want only value = 10. There a WHERE value = 10 would remove rows
with NULL values as well.

**> But... an excellent first patch! I hope you'll stick around and come
> up with a few more similarly useful features :-)

Sure ! :)

*Robins*