Fwd: Filter by Selection on Grid

From: "Robins Tharakan" <tharakan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Fwd: Filter by Selection on Grid
Date: 2008-02-01 04:38:36
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi,

[Attempting a last try at mailing to a list (this time without the image
attachment ! may be that's silently deleting my email from the list ?) Sorry
in case you are getting this mail again and again, but I can't find this
email in the archives so I guess it's getting lost somewhere.]

In case the patch is just unacceptable, please still do respond... it gets
frustrating when the first patch that you ever developed isn't even
responded to :(

The good part is that now the patch does the following:
1. Provide options for 'Filter by Selection' / 'Filter Excluding Selection'
/ 'Remove Filter'
2. Takes care if cells have NULL value
3. Takes multiple Include / Exclude selections and refreshes automatically

Limitations that I plan to remove soon:
1. The cell chosen is the 'Selected cell' and that may not be the one
right-clicked. I'd change that soon.
2. I am unable to evaluate strings if they are Empty, so including/excluding
empty-cells (not NULLs) doesn't do anything ! Frustrating ! May be I just
need a break, a bit of reading and I'll get that done soon as well!

In case this patch is considered by and large fine, and in case you are ok
with more additions, I'll try adding more features in the right click menu
(Filter by Custom String / Sort options etc..) similar to what we have in
the Access UI.

Regards,
*Robins Tharakan*