Resignation

From: Byron Nikolaidis <byronn(at)insightdist(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org" <pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: Resignation
Date: 1999-03-24 20:57:04
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know that today is my last day at Insight
Distribution Systems. There will be no one else at Insight taking over
the development and support of the ODBC driver since it was more of a
side project and no one knows anything about it anyway. Also, in case
anyone didn't know, Dave Hartwig left the company about 3 weeks ago, so
I was solely representing the Postgres faction at Insight.

I would like to continue my role as primary development and support of
the odbc driver to the extent possible. But since there are a lot of
factors involved, I'm just not sure what that extent might be. IF I can
keep my account at Insight, I should be able to test out things and
maybe add new functionality/features, if I have the time.

As far as the Insight-Psqlodbc web site goes, I have talked with some
people and the plan is to keep it alive. I have asked that I be allowed
to update it as necessary and they seemed agreeable to that.

I also will remain subscribed to the "interfaces" mailing list for as
long as possible (I have unsubscribed to all others). I should be able
to check the mailing list perhaps once or twice a week. I will have to
see how it goes with my new job before I know for sure. But the thing
is, since I do not currently have any internet access at home, I have to
rely on Insight to allow me to keep dialing in and doing that.

I would like to say that I have enjoyed working with everyone and I
really enjoyed contributing to the PostgreSQL project. I have learned
alot during that time and hope that I have contributed positively. I
wish everyone the best and I sincerely hope that Postgres continues to
grow at the incredible rate it has been.

Regards,

Byron