Re: [PORTS] FreeBSD _wth_ TCL ?

From: Palle Girgensohn <girgen(at)partitur(dot)se>
To: Stan Brown <stanb(at)awod(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [PORTS] FreeBSD _wth_ TCL ?
Date: 1999-02-24 15:12:50
Lists: pgsql-ports

Stan Brown wrote:

> i am having a bit of a problem getting 6.4.2 compied on FreeBSD 3.0
> with enough TCL support to use pgaccess. In FreeBSD the various flabors
> of TVL are in like /usr/local/lib/tcl8.0
>
> Could someone give me an example of how to run configure to acomplish
> this? I have it working on HP-UX 10.20 which has an even stranger
> filesystem layout, thanks to some helpful regulars here.
>
> Thanks, again for that.
>
> --
> Stan Brown stanb(at)netcom(dot)com 843-745-3154
> Westvaco
> Charleston SC.
> --
> Windows 98: n.
> useless extension to a minor patch release for 32-bit extensions and
> a graphical shell for a 16-bit patch to an 8-bit operating system
> originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor, written by a 2-bit
> company that can't stand for 1 bit of competition.
> -
> (c) 1999 Stan Brown. Redistribution via the Microsoft Network is prohibited.

There is a port in the ports collection (http://www.freebsd.org/ports/)

It works OK with tcl, apart from not installing the distributed
pgaccess. in pr-9356 there is an alternative port which imho is better.
It has a correct PLIST and installs the distributed pgaccess. You can
find it on <http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr-summary.cgi?query>,
search for pr-9356. Hey, I'll send it to you separately (won't spam the
list).

Hope this helps!

/Palel