Re: Allow auto_explain to log to NOTICE

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Dunstan <tom(at)tomd(dot)cc>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, jdealmeidapereira(at)pivotal(dot)io
Subject: Re: Allow auto_explain to log to NOTICE
Date: 2018-10-30 10:44:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 31 Jul 2018, at 14:23, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:

>> I’m not sure it’s worth adding this much to the code just to be able to test
>> it, but it seemed like a good excercise to write to have something to reason
>> about.
>
> I think it probably is, buit I'm not very happy about the hack, so I didn't commit it. Please submit this to the next commitfest, possibly with a nicer way of managing the duration logging.

Circling back to this, I updated the patch with providing another option as I
couldn’t think of another way to do it cleanly. I’ll add the patch to the next
CF but as it’s just about to start it should be moved to the next once started.

cheers ./daniel

Attachment Content-Type Size
auto_explain_tests-v2.diff application/octet-stream 8.4 KB