Postgres on Alpha?

From: Adriaan Joubert <a(dot)joubert(at)albourne(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Postgres on Alpha?
Date: 1999-01-31 09:14:39
Lists: pgsql-general

Has anybody managed to get any of the postgres 6.4 versions to run
correctly on Alpha? I have tried 6.4 through 6.4.2 and cannot get any of
them to compile/run (I managed to get some versions to compile after
some minor modifications, but then they did not run without crashing).
I've tried both the native cc and egcs-2.91.60. The latter complained
about the return types defined in s_lock.h, but I know nothing about
alpha-assembler and have no idea whether the spin lock is implemented
correctly. If there was a problem there it would explain why it isn't
running properly.

Adriaan