Cobalt Qube

From: "john adams" <john(at)mintra(dot)com>
To: ports <ports(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Cobalt Qube
Date: 1999-01-19 13:19:57
Lists: pgsql-ports

I have been asked to get a port of the Postgres SQL database onto the
Cobalt Qube and RaQ products see
www.cobaltnet.com.

These use Mips CPU but have a fairly generic Linux on them. We had no
trouble with Squid and fetchmail but when the source has been copied
onto the system we get the following message from the configure utility
:

checking host system type... mips-pc-linux-gnu
checking echo setting...
checking setting template to... linux

linux does not exist

Available Templates (set using --with-template):

aix_325
aix_41
aix_42
aix_gcc
alpha
bsdi_2.0
bsdi_2.1
bsdi_4.0
dgux
freebsd
generic
hpux_cc
hpux_gcc
irix5
linux_alpha
linux_i386
linux_ppc
linux_sparc
netbsd
nextstep
openbsd
sco
solaris_i386_cc
solaris_i386_gcc
solaris_sparc_cc
solaris_sparc_gcc
sunos4_cc
sunos4_gcc
svr4
ultrix4
univel
unixware

I recoginise that this is a bit of a silly question and that we probably
have to create a template or something like that but I do not know where
to start.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have talked myself into a
corner here telling everyone how good the postgres is and I can get it
on our main server product.