Re: make test fails for DBD::Pg

From: Edmund Mergl <E(dot)Mergl(at)bawue(dot)de>
To: Stefan Hornburg <racke(at)linuxia(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org, dbi-users(at)fugue(dot)com
Subject: Re: make test fails for DBD::Pg
Date: 1999-01-16 07:08:03
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Stefan Hornburg wrote:

> Is this a known problem ?
>
> Postgres 6.4
> DBI 1.06
> DBD::Pg 0.89
>
> % make test
> [..]
> $sth->{pg_size} .......... ok
> $sth->{pg_type} .......... ok
> $sth->bind_columns ....... ok
> $sth->fetch .............. ok
> $sth->bind_col ........... ok
> $sth->fetch .............. ok
> $sth->{ChopBlanks} ....... ok
> $sth->rows ............... ok
> DBD::Pg::db do failed: pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.
> This probably means the backend terminated abnormally before or while processing the request.
> pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.
> This probably means the backend terminated abnormally before or while processing the request.
> Database handle destroyed without explicit disconnect.
> Database handle destroyed without explicit disconnect.
> make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 9
>
> >From Postgres log:
> FATAL 1: Database rumpumpel does not exist in pg_database
> TRAP: Failed Assertion("!(LocalRefCount[-buffer - 1] > 0):", File: "bufmgr.c", Line: 1640)
>
> !(LocalRefCount[-buffer - 1] > 0) (0) [No such file or directory]
> NOTICE: Message from PostgreSQL backend:
> The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend died abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
> I have rolled back the current transaction and am going to terminate your database system connection and exit.
> Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.
>
> Ciao
> Racke

It should not be a FATAL error, when a program tries to login to a non-
existing database. Besides that and the fact, that this message shows
up in the log, it never dropped an assertion. What system do you use ?
Could you upgrade to postgresql-6.4.2 ?

Edmund

--
Edmund Mergl mailto:E(dot)Mergl(at)bawue(dot)de
Im Haldenhau 9 http://www.bawue.de/~mergl