Windows & UTF-8 question

From: lists(at)kambanaria(dot)org
To: pgsql-ru-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Windows & UTF-8 question
Date: 2009-12-21 10:17:40
Lists: pgsql-ru-general

Hi everyone,

Sorry that I am writing in English - my Russian is really rusty, however
answers in Russian are OK.

I am writing to this list because I think someone here could have
encoutered my problem.

I have a problem with a 8.2.15 PG database under Linux when I try to
connect from a 8.2.15 Windows client (psql)

As per the Notice for Windows users I set the font of cmd.exe to Lucida
console and then change the codepage to UTF-8:
chcp 65001
Then when I try to make a select or any \d command I get "Not enough memory"

I tried with setting the codepage to 1251 (that is the native on Windows)
and I can do all selects, insert - however the ecnoding is wrong and I
cannot actually use the db as it contains non ASCII symbols.

I see that there was a bug for this. Is there a work around?

Kind regards:
al_shopov