JDBC ResultSetMetaData.getColumnType and getColumnTypeName work properly?

From: Shankha Mitra <ssm(at)antrim(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: JDBC ResultSetMetaData.getColumnType and getColumnTypeName work properly?
Date: 1998-12-26 06:42:42
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

If I create a table thus:

CREATE TABLE title (
title text NOT NULL,
editions int4[]
);

and through the JDBC ResultMetaData.getColumnType() interface try to get
the
type of the 'editions' column, I get the value sql.Types.OTHER. I would
have
guessed it would have been Types.ARRAY. Am I missing something?

Also getColumnTypeName() returns _int4; is that correct?

Shankha Mitra

As an aside, I decided to print out the values of all the JDBC types and
I get:
ARRAY=2003
BIGINT=-5
BINARY=-2