How to see created users ?

From: "M(dot)-A(dot) DARCHE" <darche(at)esiea(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to see created users ?
Date: 1998-11-24 22:20:28
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello,

I run PostgreSQL v 6.3 on a Debian 2.0 GNU/Linux.
As the databases administrator (also root) is there a way
to see all the users that have been created with the
"createuser" command ? Is it also possible to know what
king of privileges those users have (such as database
creation/deletion) ?

In /var/postgres/data I have the following files :
- pg_shadow
- pg_pwd
- pg_group
and others

I guess the information lies there, but those files
are encrypted like shadow password encryption it seems.
What tool should I use to access information ?
If such a tool doesn't exist (I don't know) will it
soon be available ?

Regards,

Marc-Aurèle DARCHE -- darche(at)esiea(dot)fr, membre fondateur de l'AFUL
AFUL : Association Francophone des Utilisateurs de LINUX

*** http://www.aful.org ***

Marc-Aurèle DARCHE -- darche(at)esiea(dot)fr, founder member of the AFUL
AFUL : French-speaking LINUX Users' Association