Re: [GENERAL] OIDs - file objects, are damaged by PostgreSQL.

From: "Purusothaman A" <purusothaman(dot)a(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Richard Huxton" <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] OIDs - file objects, are damaged by PostgreSQL.
Date: 2007-05-23 08:34:09
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general

Thanks Richard Huxton for your reply.

I use client side api for uploading and downloading files.

Its not happening immediately. But when database grows with data, file
object got corrupted.

My table structure is as follows.
Table "public.conf"
Column | Type | Modifiers
--------+------------------------+-----------
key | character varying(50) | not null
value | character varying(100) |
"conf_pkey" PRIMARY KEY, btree ("key")

Content of this table is,
key | value
---------------------+--------
HX | 101800
MASK | 101801
Rockey4ND | 101802
Threshold | 60
Authentication Mode | 2
(5 rows)

In the above, value of HX, MASK, Rockey4ND is 101800, 101801, 101802 (which
was returned by lo_import());

Actually for some peculiar reason I kept "Value" field as var char instead
of oid. (this could be reason?...)

This problem occurs only few weeks after uploading files.

Regards,
Purusothaman A

--
http://PurusothamanA.wordpress.com/