Re: [HACKERS] AIX 4.2.1 regression test

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Andreas Zeugswetter <andreas(dot)zeugswetter(at)telecom(dot)at>, "D'Arcy J(dot)M(dot) Cain" <darcy(at)druid(dot)net>
Cc: "'hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>, Taral <taral(at)mail(dot)utexas(dot)edu>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] AIX 4.2.1 regression test
Date: 1998-10-28 15:12:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> AIX 4.2.1 regression tests are ok :-)

Great. Will mark ya' down...

> inet .. failed expected/inet.out is incorrect (ok, but please remake)

D'Arcy/Paul/inet gang: Could you look at this and see if the inet.out is
incorrect for your platforms too? I just took the results/inet.out,
inspected it for gross errors (without knowing what I'm looking for) and
put it in as the expected result. Don't know what might be wrong with
it.

> rules .. failed other sort order in select * from rtest_admin (guess ok)

I think HPUX sees this too; it depends on the implementation of qsort()
on your platform.

> modify configure test for cpp stdin
> currently does xlc -E and fails to notice, that it does not work

I'm not sure how easy it will be, or if we need to be frozen for this
release. Should be a patch if it doesn't make it into the main v6.4.
You've already made a suggestion on what to look for, right? I'm
recalling that you had some discussion on the list about that already.

- Tom