Re: [INTERFACES] iodbc interface on Unix

From: Gerald Gryschuk <ggryschuk(at)scf(dot)sk(dot)ca>
To: Byron Nikolaidis <byronn(at)insightdist(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] iodbc interface on Unix
Date: 1998-08-21 19:56:07
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Byron Nikolaidis wrote:

> Thomas G. Lockhart wrote:
>
> > 3) Many, but not all, of the source code files have DOS-specific EOL
> > characters. I'd like to strip those out of the code which is sitting on
> > Unix boxes, and have them correct when sitting on your DOS machines too.
> > Can we transfer files using FTP ascii transfers to fix the EOL problems
> > in the future? Or is there another way which will get this fixed up?? In
> > the meantime I will clean up all the files I have, and then can get them
> > to you via the Postgres web site.
> >

> OK. I do transfer files to Postgresql.org using ftp ascii. Just the
> postsrc.zip distribution would have dos crap in it.

I noticed this too the first few times I unzipped postsrc.zip until I
remebered that
unzip(I'm assuming Thomas your using the same one I am) has a "-a"
option to convert
all text files to the proper line endings regardless of where the file
originated.
i.e. if you do "unzip -a postsrc.zip" the problems with DOS EOL
characters goes
away.

--
Gerald Gryschuk(ggryschuk(at)scf(dot)sk(dot)ca)
Programmer Analyst