Re: postgreSQL foreign key constraint

From: Thomas Lockhart <Thomas(dot)Lockhart(at)jpl(dot)nasa(dot)gov>
To: mag(at)bunuel(dot)tii(dot)matav(dot)hu
Cc: hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgreSQL foreign key constraint
Date: 1998-07-31 18:21:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> how can I workaround a foreign key constraint (maybe using check constraint?, how?)
> when do you think foreign key constraint will be implemented?

It's best to post questions to the Postgres mailing lists, since others
may have better answers than I. However, I think you can use "triggers"
to mimic foreign key constraints. Look in the "contrib" area of the
distribution for examples. There is a change foreign keys will be in
v6.5, perhaps in 6 months. There was talk of possibly having it earlier,
but I do not have access to my Postgres e-mail at work and can't
remember if that is still true...

Good luck.

- Tom

--