Re: PostgreSQL/ODBC/WinNT

From: David Hartwig <daveh(at)insightdist(dot)com>
To: Jeffrey Lyon <lyonj(at)em-systems(dot)com>
Cc: byronn(at)insightdist(dot)com, pgsql-interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL/ODBC/WinNT
Date: 1998-06-15 19:49:23
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

There is a patch in due for release with 6.4 that removes the restriction
that requires all ORDER BY columns be present in the target list.

It does not make sense that a query from the ODBC driver produces an error
in the backend while the same query from the psql does not. The queries
must be different in some way. Is this a passthru query on the ODBC side,
or is it a query generated by a query builder. MS Access for example, will
not necessary show the user the actual query that is rendered to the
backend. To get the actual queries you may need to examine the
psqlodbc.log file.