Re: [HACKERS] duplicate oids in pg_proc

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp, hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] duplicate oids in pg_proc
Date: 1998-06-01 15:08:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > There are some duplicate oids in pg_proc of May30 snapshot.
> > I know octet_length's are from my patch but for others I don't know.
> > Comments?
>
> Those must be mine (char, char_bpchar, bpchar, bpchar_char). I am sure
> that I ran ./unused_oids to assign them, but obviously messed it up.
> Will reassign soon. Darn :(

Oh, I see what happened. I developed on a revlocked tree from 980513 and
then patched the current tree and ran the regression tests. Patches
applied cleanly and the regression tests passed, so I submitted the
patches.

In the meantime your patches used the same OIDs, and the regression test
is apparently not sensitive to the overlap.

Just to avoid confusion: only one of us should try to fix the problem :)
Shall I, or are you already working on it?

- Tom