Re: [INTERFACES] Re: Your ODBC driver = PostODBC?

From: Byron Nikolaidis <byronn(at)insightdist(dot)com>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL Interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>, medwards(at)ega(dot)com
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Re: Your ODBC driver = PostODBC?
Date: 1998-05-28 19:19:02
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> On Thu, 28 May 1998, Byron Nikolaidis wrote:
>
> > A while back, there was some division over whether to include it in the
> > distribution because it was only for 32bit windows (95 or nt). There is a
> > pending patch to allow it to work on unix with iodbc, which I intend to put
> > in as soon as possible. If running 16 bit applications on win95 or win nt,
> > it will work too. The only scenario which is not supported yet is running
> > Win3.1
> >
> > I'm not sure what the final standing on all this was. Anyone like to
> > respond?
>
> The argument kinda of died out, I think *shrug* Not enough ppl
> seems to have cared, I guess...
>
> As for included in the distribution...its there as just
> src/interfaces/odbc, but its really old...never saw any patches for
> it...if I gave you an account directly into the repository, would you be
> willing to upgrade and maintain those? Nobody else appears to be
> contributing anything to the code but you, so I'm not too worried about
> problems arising *shrug*

Yes, I would certainly be willing to maintain it! I have been working a lot
with the driver on my own time. Our customers (Insight) only needed it to do so
much, so I am now mostly working on the driver on my own time. I would like to
keep this driver working well, adding new enhancements and functionality
(including a 16 bit version eventually), and of course, fixing any problems that
arise.

BTW, I have gotten at least 4 patches from people (new features and bug fixes)
and have put them in. So, people are contributing.

So, just give me some instruction on what to do with the repository, etc. Maybe
we could even do something with the divergent odbc driver websites too. That
would also be on my own time.

Regards,

Byron