Re: [INTERFACES] Postgres 6.3, Linux, and ODBC

From: David Hartwig <daveh(at)insightdist(dot)com>
To: "Krasnow, Greg" <gak(at)hnc(dot)com>
Cc: "'pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Postgres 6.3, Linux, and ODBC
Date: 1998-05-25 12:58:57
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I'm not sure what you are looking for. Perhaps this will help.

http://www.insightdist.com/psqlodbc

Do you want run the driver and driver manager manager on native Linux? This
version is Win95/NT 32 bit only. If someone has run the driver and/or driver
manager (binaries) under Linux, I will be immensely impressed. We are
currently reviewing the posibility of porting the driver to native Unix via
iODBC.

Krasnow, Greg wrote:

> I am trying to evaluate using an ODBC programming interface to the latest
> PostgresSQL database (6.3.2) running on Linux. I tried the OpenLink
> multi-tier driver for linux and postgres95 and was unable to get it to
> connect. I was however able to use the PostODBC driver under WindowsNT to
> connect to the database.

> Has anyone else successfully used a Linux ODBC
> DriverManager and Postgres Driver and if so, which one? where can I obtain
> it? and was there any tricks in configuring it? Thank You.

Attachment Content-Type Size
vcard.vcf text/x-vcard 203 bytes