Re: Unix Domain Sockets error (was Re: [HACKERS] Alpha initdb fixed!)

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: "Pedro J(dot) Lobo" <pjlobo(at)euitt(dot)upm(dot)es>
Cc: Dwayne Bailey <dwayne(at)mika(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Unix Domain Sockets error (was Re: [HACKERS] Alpha initdb fixed!)
Date: 1998-03-18 06:38:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> These are the regression tests when a port number is specified (note that
> you *must* assign a value to PGPORT before running the tests):

> boolean .. ok
> char .. ok
> char2 .. ok
> char4 .. ok
> char8 .. ok
> char16 .. ok
> varchar .. ok
> text .. ok
> strings .. ok
> int2 .. failed
> int4 .. failed
> oid .. ok
> oidint2 .. failed
> oidint4 .. failed
> oidname .. ok
> float4 .. ok
> float8 .. failed
> numerology .. ok
> point .. ok
> lseg .. ok
> box .. ok
> path .. ok
> polygon .. ok
> circle .. ok
> geometry .. failed
> timespan .. ok
> datetime .. failed
> reltime .. ok
> abstime .. failed
> tinterval .. failed
> horology .. failed
> comments .. ok
> create_function_1 .. ok
> create_type .. ok
> create_table .. ok
> create_function_2 .. ok
> constraints .. ok
> triggers .. ok
> copy .. ok
> create_misc .. ok
> create_aggregate .. ok
> create_operator .. ok
> create_view .. ok
> create_index .. ok
> sanity_check .. ok
> errors .. ok
> select .. ok
> select_into .. ok
> select_distinct .. ok
> select_distinct_on .. ok
> subselect .. ok
> aggregates .. ok
> transactions .. ok
> random .. failed
> portals .. ok
> misc .. ok
> arrays .. ok
> btree_index .. ok
> hash_index .. ok
> select_views .. ok
> alter_table .. ok
> portals_p2 .. ok
>
> Some of them fail (most notably int2, int4 and float8), but anyway it's
> better than before :-)

Oooh. I think you might have a running system now! Those int2, int4,
float8 "failures" are probably just error message differences and are
expected. The date and time stuff may or may not be a problem, and the
geometry stuff is probably OK (rounding trouble in the math libraries).

Make sure your date/time stuff looks OK, at least for simple tests; it
may be, for example, that your timezone database is just different for
dates before 1960...

- Tom