Re: Hiding undocumented enum values?

From: "Alex Hunsaker" <badalex(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Magnus Hagander" <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Hiding undocumented enum values?
Date: 2008-05-27 17:27:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 10:20 AM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> I am wondering if it's a good idea to hide the redundant entries
> to reduce clutter in the pg_settings display. (We could do this
> by adding a "hidden" boolean to struct config_enum_entry.)
> Thoughts?

+1

> regards, tom lane

Maybe something like the attached patch?

I looked into just making it a string so we could use parse_bool...
because backslash_quote seems to be the exception not the rule. But I
decided having a hidden flag seems more useful anyway...

Attachment Content-Type Size
guc.patch application/octet-stream 7.1 KB