Re: [QUESTIONS] 6.3 Release

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: "Jackson, DeJuan" <djackson(at)cpsgroup(dot)com>, Cristian Gafton <gafton(at)redhat(dot)com>
Cc: Postgres Hackers List <hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [QUESTIONS] 6.3 Release
Date: 1998-03-04 02:47:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > We've been talking with the RedHat guy on trying to identify a glibc2
> > problem (and fix it) for the rpms. I'm not certain if he will release
> > something before we're done or not.
> >
> > I'm currently having trouble making a small test case which exhibits
> > the
> > rounding problem. And I'd _really_ like to avoid doing a clean v6.3
> > install from sources on my RH5.0 box, but I may have to so I can do
> > some
> > debugging there :(
> > - Tom
> I've been released to do some debugging if you'd like. I'm not
> a very advanced Linux admin (read: I'd need lot's of direction).
> I'm also a infant when it comes to PostgreSQL (read: 6.3 will be
> my first install in the next hour or so). But I do have access to
> several machines running Hurricane(RH5.0). Just let me know
> if there's anything that I can help you with.

OK, do your clean install, then
1) go into backend/utils/adt and edit the Makefile to add the flag
"-DDATEDEBUG" to the CFLAGS line.
2) do a "make clean" from that directory
4) run the backend from a terminal window.
5) From another window fire up psql, and try
select '1 min'::timespan;

and
6) post the output from both windows.

Good luck :)