Re: [HACKERS] Rule plan size for views?

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Jan Wieck <jwieck(at)debis(dot)com>
Cc: Darren King <darrenk(at)insightdist(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Rule plan size for views?
Date: 1998-03-02 13:57:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > Sounds like the plan internally grew (possible w/subselect stuff?!?) and
> > has gone over that 8k limit.
>
> I think it must be due to the cleanups in the node-print and
> read funcs. They now output/read ALL fields in the nodes.

Oh, I didn't realize that the print functions were actually used for something
other than printing and debugging. I had started to add a few new nodes when I
was trying to debug the "primary key" code.

Should we go through and bracket some of those with #ifdef QUERYDEBUG or
something like that? Where are they actually used? Should we try to keep these
at a minimum for production compiles of the system??

- Tom