Re: [QUESTIONS] Re: RH5.0/PostgreSQL Regression Test Failures

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Dwight Johnson <dwj(at)aaronsrod(dot)com>
Cc: Postgres Hackers List <hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Oliver Elphick <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk>, bugs(at)redhat(dot)com
Subject: Re: [QUESTIONS] Re: RH5.0/PostgreSQL Regression Test Failures
Date: 1998-02-26 17:03:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> But someone will have to do it. Red Hat 5.0 is too important a
> distribution and postgresql is too important an application.

I agree. Can someone track down the RH5.0 rpm packager so we can start a dialog?

Also, is there anyone running RH5.0 who can do some debugging (and who already
has some familiarity with Postgres :)?

I believe that the locale support is broken (I'm developing on RH4.2 at home and
have a non-development RH5.0 machine at work, both with the same symptoms). And
there is this possible problem with date/time...

PostgreSQL-6.3 will be released in a few days, and it would be nice to resolve
these issues.

- Tom