Re: [HACKERS] Re: [QUESTIONS] Snapshot has not compiled in a couple of days

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Postgres Hackers List <hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [QUESTIONS] Snapshot has not compiled in a couple of days
Date: 1998-02-25 03:27:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > The problem is in the ecpq stuff. There is a duplicate def of S_SIGNED.
> > Cab we fix this, so I can test the compile on HPUX?
>
> My cvs tree from 980223 03:00 UTC (about 24 hours ago) compiled to completion, but
> I do see a duplicate definition of S_SIGNED in preproc.y. Remove that symbol from
> line 234 of that file and try again.

/usr/bin/bison -y -d preproc.y
conflicts: 5 shift/reduce
gcc -I../include -O2 -g -Wall -DMAJOR_VERSION=1 -DMINOR_VERSION=0 -DPATCHLEVEL=0 -c
y.tab.c -o y.tab.o
preproc.y:289: warning: passing arg 1 of `free' discards `const' from pointer target
type
gcc -g -O2 -Wall -o ecpg y.tab.o pgc.o type.o ecpg.o ../lib/typename.o

I removed the duplicate S_SIGNED from my source code and noticed these remaining
messages. Can we get rid of the shift/reduce conflicts? I haven't looked at the code,
but there is a debugging flag on yacc/bison ("-v") which will write a log file
identifying the conflicting statements. I have some experience debugging this on the
main parser, but need to work on docs so shouldn't do this at the moment :(

- Tom