Re: [QUESTIONS] pgaccess (libpgtcl) on Solaris?

From: Constantin Teodorescu <teo(at)flex(dot)ro>
To: Palle Girgensohn <girgen(at)partitur(dot)se>, PostgreSQL Questions <pgsql-questions(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL Interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [QUESTIONS] pgaccess (libpgtcl) on Solaris?
Date: 1998-01-07 14:30:19
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Palle Girgensohn wrote:

> I got no replies on this in the ports list, so forgive me for
> crossposting to Questions, but I know I'm not the only one who has had
> this problem.

there is a new mailing list for PgAccess and other interfaces :
pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org

Other info about subscribing :
http://www.flex.ro/pgaccess/maillist.html

> >pgaccess
> Error in startup script: couldn't load file
> "/opt/pgsql/lib/libpgtcl.so": ld.so.1: /usr/local/bin/wish8.0: fatal:
> relocation error: symbol not found: pgresStatus: referenced in
> /opt/pgsql/lib/libpgtcl.so

This error shows that libpgtcl was loaded and when linker tried to solve
some references to symbol pgresStatus he didn't find it.
The symbol is pgresStatus, and it has to be found in libpq.so library.

You had some troubles loading libpgtcl.so library from a 'default'
directory and probably you changed the source from PgAccess to load
explicit from /opt/pgsql/lib

But the second library needed, libpq.so was not found due to the same
reason that libpgtcl.so could not be loaded from default directories.
I would recommend to start searching why those programs refuse to load
libraries from /lib for example.

Please reply your answers to this questions also on
pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org list.

--
Constantin Teodorescu
FLEX Consulting Braila, ROMANIA