Re: 7.4.1 fails to compile JDBC

From: chris(at)goforit(dot)de
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 7.4.1 fails to compile JDBC
Date: 2004-01-24 19:58:24
Lists: pgsql-ports

Hey Kris,

thanks for your help!

The problem is that I'm compiling it on a fresh & clean RH 3.0 ES system.
There is only the J2SDK1.4.2_03 and the CLASSPATH is empty.

So I'm pretty much stuck here ...

Thanks
Chris

>> I'm trying to compile the 7.4.1 version with java support. The config is:
>>
>> SUN J2SDK1.4.2_03
>> PostgreSQL 7.4.1 (12/23/03)
>
>> driver:
>> [copy] Copying 1 file to
>> /usr/local/src/postgresql-7.4.1/src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql
>> [echo] Configured build for the JDBC3 edition driver with NO SSL
>
> Something strange is going on here. It should never try to build a
JDBC3 driver without SSL. The 1.4 JDK is the only one that supports
JDBC3 and it has SSL included.

>> compile:
>> [javac] Compiling 77 source files to
>> /usr/local/src/postgresql-7.4.1/src/interfaces/jdbc/build
>> [javac]
>> /usr/local/src/postgresql-7.4.1/src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/jdbc3/Jdbc3Statement.java:28:
error: Invalid checked exception class `java.sql.SQLException' in
`throws' clause. The exception must be a subclass of an exception
thrown by
>> `org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Statement.createRefCursorResultSet(java.lang.String)'
from class `org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Statement'.
>> [javac] public PGRefCursorResultSet
>> createRefCursorResultSet (String cursorName) throws SQLException
>
> This seems to be indicating that it is finding two versions of
> SQLException, another bizarre error.
>
> I would recommend first checking your classpath and seeing if you had
any references to another JDKs internal files. It is best to compile
with an empty classpath. If that doesn't help possibly try reinstalling
the jdk.