Re: For update

From: Ottó Havasvölgyi <havasvolgyi(dot)otto(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ottó Havasvölgyi <havasvolgyi(dot)otto(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: For update
Date: 2006-01-16 23:51:03
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello,

Oh, I got it. Now in 8.0.6

When the view has UNION ALL, then PostgreSQL reports this: SELECT FOR UPDATE
is not allowed in subqueries .

I see why:

select * from <view> for update;

After extraction:

select * from <subquery1> UNION ALL <subquery2> for update;

In this case it seems as if "for update" is in subquery2.

How can this be tricked?

Thanks,
Otto