Sr. Postgres DBA/Database Engineer

From: "John Brothers" <jbrothers(at)nubridges(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Sr. Postgres DBA/Database Engineer
Date: 2004-02-12 16:44:13
Lists: pgsql-jobs

nuBridges is an early stage company created to develop technology and
processes which will enable eBusiness connections between companies and
their business partners more quickly and at substantially less cost than
with current approaches. We seek to provide the next generation of tools
for eBusiness connectivity, and to make their use in the marketplace
pervasive. We are looking for a talented Postgres DBA or database
engineer who can help us maintain and improve our existing Postgres
infrastructure and help us scale and optimize our eBusiness software
platform. Working in an agile, fast-moving startup environment, the
selected hire will update and improve our existing database architecture
while guiding the architecture towards its next generation, including
replication, clustering, optimization and high availability. These
responsibilities span architecture, development, QA and ongoing
operations. This is a great opportunity for someone who knows how to
operate as a DBA, but is eager for additional challenges and
opportunities. Salary will vary with experience, from $70k -
$85k/year, with excellent benefits and stock options. Will consider both
permanent and contract-to-hire.

Requirements:

College Degree, preferably in computer science or a related field

6+ years DBA experience
3+ years Postgres experience
3+ years Unix/Linux experience. Especially Sys Admin experience.
2+ years experience with tuning and optimizing database performance.

1+ years profressional programming experience (preferably in Java)
1+ years experience with Postgres Replication/High Availability
techniques and systems.
1+ years experience with high transaction volume data architectures
and interactive management systems.

Use of Object-Relational mapping tools a big plus.
Expertise with any of the major commercial database vendors (Oracle,
IBM, Microsoft, Informix, etc) a big plus.

In general, the more experience with open source systems, the
better.

Security and the integrity of our customer's mission critical
business information are extremely important to us. As such we will
conduct drug tests and background checks as conditions of employment.

Must either be in the Atlanta area, or be willing to move to the
Atlanta area. No relocation is available.

Contact John Brothers (jbrothers(at)nubridges(dot)com)