Re: sustained update load of 1-2k/sec

From: Alex Turner <armtuk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Mark Cotner <mcotner(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: sustained update load of 1-2k/sec
Date: 2005-08-19 12:40:39
Lists: pgsql-performance

I have managed tx speeds that high from postgresql going even as high
as 2500/sec for small tables, but it does require a good RAID
controler card (yes I'm even running with fsync on). I'm using 3ware
9500S-8MI with Raptor drives in multiple RAID 10s. The box wasn't too
$$$ at just around $7k. I have two independant controlers on two
independant PCI buses to give max throughput. on with a 6 drive RAID
10 and the other with two 4 drive RAID 10s.

Alex Turner
NetEconomist