Re: Build problems with MS VC++ Express 2005

From: "Sailesh Krishnamurthy" <skrishnamurthy(at)truviso(dot)com>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Hiroshi Saito" <z-saito(at)guitar(dot)ocn(dot)ne(dot)jp>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Build problems with MS VC++ Express 2005
Date: 2007-07-19 19:02:39
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Folks

Just FYI, but I managed to find a simpler alternate solution to what was
described in the link (of course, both Visual C++ Express and the
Platform SDK must be installed).

I just run the following script (I call it setup.bat) in a normal shell
and that sets up everything I need to build ODBC using nmake:

C:\Documents and Settings\sailesh\Desktop\code>type setup.bat
call "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\vcvarsall.bat"
call "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\SetEnv.Cmd"

C:\Documents and Settings\sailesh\Desktop\code>setup

C:\Documents and Settings\sailesh\Desktop\code>call "C:\Program
Files\Microsoft
Visual Studio 8\VC\vcvarsall.bat"
Setting environment for using Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 x86 tools.

Attempting to detect a Microsoft Visual Studio installation

Targeting Windows XP 32 DEBUG

C:\Documents and Settings\sailesh\Desktop\code>

--
Regards
Sailesh Krishnamurthy