Re: PostgreSQL enterprise references

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL enterprise references
Date: 2004-12-14 13:49:17
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

<http://sql-ledger.org>

It's well and good; I have pointed a number of people to it, and use it
myself for "small scale corporate accounting."

But while there are doubtless numerous such small installations, I'd
expect an "enterprise reference" to involve an organization with at
least tens of millions of dollars of sales, if not hundreds of
millions. (Dollars, pounds, euros, I wouldn't too much care...)

At some levels, it can doubtless handle such large numbers, but I just
don't think anyone's using it at quite the "enterprise" level.
--
(format nil "~S(at)~S" "cbbrowne" "gmail.com")
http://linuxfinances.info/info/postgresql.html