Re: [BUG] pg_stat_statements and extended query protocol

From: "Imseih (AWS), Sami" <simseih(at)amazon(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: David Zhang <david(dot)zhang(at)highgo(dot)ca>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [BUG] pg_stat_statements and extended query protocol
Date: 2023-03-21 13:16:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> This indeed feels a bit more natural seen from here, after looking at
> the code paths using an Instrumentation in the executor and explain,
> for example. At least, this stresses me much less than adding 16
> bytes to EState for something restricted to the extended protocol when
> it comes to monitoring capabilities.

Attached is the patch that uses Instrumentation.

I did not add any new tests, and we do not have anyway now
of setting a row count when going through the Execute message.
I think this may be need to be addressed separately since there
Seems to be. Gap in extended query protocol testing.

For this fix however, The JDBC test does show correct results.

Regards,

Sami Imseih
Amazon Web Services (AWS)

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Correct-accumulation-of-counters-for-extended-query-.patch application/octet-stream 4.1 KB