Re: possible bug not in open items

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: possible bug not in open items
Date: 2009-03-27 19:43:00
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> I'm not too familiar with this code, but I think we could just enable
> ImmediateInterruptOK in CopyGetData().

Only if you are wanting to break things.

The reason we don't allow client read to be interrupted is the fear of
losing protocol sync on an incomplete message. For the SIGTERM case
this would (probably) be okay, since we aren't going to pay any more
attention to the client anyway, but accepting SIGINT there is right out.