Re: add xml support function

From: fangfang liu <yisuoyanyu888(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: add xml support function
Date: 2009-12-31 11:22:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Actually, I expect the function looks like xmlquery(xmlcontent,xquery) and
return the query result.
So xmlconcat(xml1,xml2) become a good example to study.

starting from gram.y, I try to make parser to call xmlquery,the following is
the result of diff:

diff gram.y c:\new_gram.y
449c449
< XMLPI XMLQUERY XMLROOT XMLSERIALIZE
---
> XMLPI XMLROOT XMLSERIALIZE
8270,8273d8269
< | XMLQUERY '(' expr_list ')'
< {
< $$ = makeXmlExpr(IS_XMLQUERY, NULL,
NIL,$3);
< }
8287d8282
<
9296d9290
< | XMLQUERY

IS_XMLQUERY is added in primenodes.h

but the parser can not find xmlquery, the makeXmlExpr is not called at all.

thanks