Re: Creating a tablespace directory in recovery

From: Jaime Casanova <jcasanov(at)systemguards(dot)com(dot)ec>
To: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Creating a tablespace directory in recovery
Date: 2009-04-30 20:50:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 2:58 AM, Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know why a tablespace directory isn't automatically
> created in recovery? I think that it's troublesome to create all the
> directories before recovery.

i guess it's because you need an absolute path to create tablespaces
and the appropiate path could not exist in the other machine (assuming
you are using recovery for warm standby or because you are recreating
a database after reinstall your server).

don't know if there are better reasons...

--
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova