What's left?

From: "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-hackers-win32" <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Claudio Natoli" <claudio(dot)natoli(at)memetrics(dot)com>, "PostgreSQL-development" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: What's left?
Date: 2004-01-22 14:59:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-hackers-win32

Hello,

I think it's safe to say there is a working implementation of a signal
handler. The one tricky part left is to identify some smart places for
the backend to check the awaiting signal queue. The first one is easy:
switch recv() with select() with a reasonable timeout and a poll.

If and when the signal handler gets patched into CVS, is there anything
else left that prevents the cvs version from compiling and linking?
From what I understand, Claudio's fork/exec implementation is either
complete or nearly complete.

I would like very much to help any way possible in solving any last
remaining issues. Once the CVS sources are compliable, it will be
easier to make meaningful contributions. I'm really looking forward to
testing and benchmarking the win32 port. A big thanks to all who
continue to work so hard on this project.

Merlin