Re: interface between c and postgresql

From: jr(at)i-bucks(dot)com
To: jun liu <jliu_01(at)yahoo(dot)com>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: jliu_01(at)yahoo(dot)com
Subject: Re: interface between c and postgresql
Date: 2001-03-12 21:33:21
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

At 07:20 PM 3/7/01 -0800, jun liu wrote:
>Hi,
>
>i want to query some postgreSQL tables in C program,
>could anybody tell me whether there is such an
>interface between postgreSQL and C ?

yes, there are several interfaces:
libpq is a call level interface.
libpqeasy is a simplified version of the call level interface (on error,
terminate program).
ecpg is the embedded sql C interface
libpq++ is the interface for C++.

there is documentation about these kicking about. some documentation is
also available in Bruce Momjian's book, PostgreSQL Interduction and concepts.

jr