Re: Open 7.1 items

From: Philip Warner <pjw(at)rhyme(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Open 7.1 items
Date: 2001-02-23 01:53:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-jdbc

At 02:17 30/01/01 +0900, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
>> >Ok. I have made patches for fixing some of pg_dump problems(see
>> >attached patches). The patches address the problem with user defined
>> >functions, operators and aggregates.
>>
>> These have now been applied with minor modifications.
>
>Thanks. BTW, are you going to make a back patch for the 7.0.x tree?
>I'm sure we are going to have lots of complaints from users who are
>developing their own user defined functions and about to use pg_dump
>to upgrade to 7.1 after it is officially released...

Sorry for the delay, but this set of patches were targetted at trapping bad
metadata and as such are probably not appropriate for backporting. However,
some months ago, Tom did modify pg_dump for the new function manager
interface. It might be worth making a backpatch for this available.

Philip Warner | __---_____
Albatross Consulting Pty. Ltd. |----/ - \
(A.B.N. 75 008 659 498) | /(@) ______---_
Tel: (+61) 0500 83 82 81 | _________ \