Re: Draft bylaws are now available

From: "Selena Deckelmann" <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Cc: pgus-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Draft bylaws are now available
Date: 2008-06-10 19:17:28
Lists: pgus-general

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 12:08 PM, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:
> Josh,

Well, I wrote some of what you quoted, but ok ;)

> Ok, so consensus on 2-year terms as proposed? I'm good with it.

good!

>> Cool! So, the current proposal is that we have elections in the fall,
>> and people are 'seated' in March. I like this rhythm, and it gives
>> plenty of time for transition.
>
> Hmmm ... 5 months between election and seating seems rather long to me.
> That's longer than the US President! In those 5 months, some of the newly
> elected board members could drop out.

Well, a possible timeline is:

* Candidates are announced early/mid-October
* Elections begin shortly after and run for a few weeks until early-November
* Announce the new board mid-November
-- Then we have that December-Early January period where everyone is
super busy, taking lots of time off, also tends to be a busy Pg
development period...

Hand-offs in leadership will be much easier and faster if they're done
in-person - and I prefer to link this with a conference, rather than
scheduling another expensive meeting outside that.

-selena

--
Selena Deckelmann
United States PostgreSQL Association - http://www.postgresql.us