Re: Isolation levels on primary and standby

From: Andrey Borodin <x4mmm(at)yandex-team(dot)ru>
To: RKN Sai Krishna <rknsaiforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Isolation levels on primary and standby
Date: 2022-01-13 11:38:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> 13 янв. 2022 г., в 16:16, RKN Sai Krishna <rknsaiforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com> написал(а):
>
> It looks like we could have different isolation levels on primary and
> standby servers in the context of replication. If the primary crashes
> and a standby server is made as primary, there could be change in
> query results because of isolation levels. Is that expected?

Hi, RKN!

Transaction isolation level can be set at the beginning of each individual transaction.
You can read more about transaction isolation level at [0].

There are many settings which can be configured different on Standby. E.g. default_transaction_isolation [1]. This is expected behaviour, AFAIK.

Thanks!

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.

[0] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/transaction-iso.html
[1] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/runtime-config-client.html